Professor Cogen Bohanec, PhD
Cogen Bohanec, PhD, an Assistant Professor at Arihanta Academy, received his doctorate in Historical and Cultural Studies of Religion from the Graduate Theological Union (GTU) in Berkeley, California where his research emphasized comparative dharmic traditions and the philosophy of religion. His dissertation was on Process and Dialectic in Hindu Thought with an emphasis on systematic Hindu theology and ethics, and he has a variety of publications in Jain, Hindu, and Buddhist studies.
Cogen also holds a Master of Arts in Buddhist Studies from the Institute of Buddhist Studies at the GTU where his research primarily involved the translations of Pāli Buddhist scriptures in conversation with the philology of the Hindu Upaniṣads. He is the editor of An Introduction to Jain Philosophy by Parveen Jain, PhD (DKPrintword, 2019). He is an adjunct professor in South Asian Culture and Religions and Sanskrit language at the GTU, teaches Asian humanities, world religions, and classical humanities at American River College in Sacramento, California; and is post-doctoral faculty member in Jain Studies for Arihanta Academy.
- Peacebuilding & Interfaith Dialogue in the Jain Tradition
- Toward a Jain Ecotheology
- Yoga & Meditation for Daily Life – Stress Management
- Introduction to Jain Philosophy
- Introduction to Jain Yoga
- The Ātma-siddhi of ŚrīmadRājcandra: Jain Philosophy for Modern Times
- The Bhagavad Gītā: A Jain Perspective